Tuesday, February 17, 2009

auto detailing how much money can i make

Auto Detailing; How Much Money Can I MakeWriten by Lance Winslow

One question that new entrants into the auto detailing, mobile automotive detail or mobile car wash business ask themselves is how do I get the training I need to succeed and please my clientele. Is there a detailing certificate I can get to show my customers? Will they ask me for such a thing to prove my abilities?

Personally having been in the mobile auto detailing and car wash business for some 27 years; I have never heard of anyone asking for proof of training or certification, if a customer did that, they are up to something, probably a competitor. Competitors do a lot of fishing, but are generally mentally inferior, lacking personal character and afraid.

Are there good places to get training? Well you could check out www.DetailPlus.com in Portland, I recommend them. But you will find such training in all parts of the country. Another question that is often asked my new entrants into the professional automotive detailing industry is; How much money does it take to get started?

The answer to this question is that; It depends on if you are going to try to service, wholesale car lot and auto auction detailing or retail detail or a combination. Perhaps you might be detailing aircraft? Perhaps you are a laid off aircraft mechanic and want to detail aircraft then you might be setting up an aircraft mobile detailing business or a hanger based operation. For aircraft cleaning an A & P mechanic would not need much training, except maybe quick buffer lessons and review of aircraft coatings and paint; Imron, Polyurethane, etc. and fabric, Stits, Ceconite, etc. You see the amounts you generate in income will vastly vary depending on the type of business you run. So think it all thru carefully before you jump into the deep end in the detailing business.

Lance Winslow - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs/